Home

Addendum

Shooting Range

The Bunker

Memorial Cemetery

The Beginnings

The Prisoners

Slave Labor

Suffering and Dying

Liberation

 

The Jourhaus

Kupfer-Koberwitz

Roll-Call Area

The Monument

Propaganda

Schubraum

Admission procedure

Prisoner Baths

Everyday routine

Pole Hanging

Bunker Courtyard

 

Camp Prison

Standing Bunker

Camp Road

Sick-bay

Religious Memorials

Disinfection Barracks

Rabbit Hutches

Crematorium

About the Author

 

Back to Museum website

Bunker Courtyard

 

Executions were also carried out in the courtyard of the bunker facility, between the rear side of the maintenance building and the prison wing.

 

From 1941 onwards the prison wing was extended by a connecting section that served as a penal camp for the SS and police. As in the earlier bunker facilities, the bunker courtyard was a site for inflicting punishment and carrying out executions.

 

Aerial view of the bunker facility

 

The SS locked up unpopular and awkward prisoners in the bunker; outside the reach of their fellow prisoners, they were subjected to more difficult prison conditions, tortured or murdered.

 

The building had 136 cells.

 

 

Previous

Next